My work as an educator lies squarely at the intersection of media, journalism, communication, cultural studies, political science, and sociology.
I have developed and taught interdisciplinary courses spanning the humanities, liberal arts, and social sciences. This includes seminars on innovative topics such as social media and social change; the environmental impacts of digital media; fake news and political satire; the rise and fall of network television; digital retreats and analog revivals; and critical news literacy.
Here’s a select list of my courses:
Long Island University
- Integrated Writing for News Media
- Fake News & Political Communication
- Political Rhetoric & Civic Engagement
- Environmental Communication in the Public Sphere
- News Literacy: Journalism, Social Media & You
- Feature Writing
- Magazine Editing & Design
- Social Media, Social Change
- Introduction to Mass Communication/Media & Culture
- Introduction to Journalism
- Media & Society
- Media, Technology & Society
- News Editing
- News Reporting
Please see my full CV at Academia for more information about my teaching as well as related research and professional activities.